Thursday, February 21, 2013

My Favorite Child (GASP!)

Disclaimer: The following post got its idea and originality from another large family, homeschooling, mothering blog. It is simply altered into my own words to best fit my family. See the wonderful post HERE.

Do you have a favorite child? I do, and i'm not afraid to admit it. In fact, I don't just have one favorite child, I have seven of them! Aren't I lucky?

Maya is the best oldest daughter a mother could have. She's responsible, obedient, trustworthy, helpful, and loves her younger siblings more than life itself. I call her my mini-mommy because she truly is like my younger kids second mom. A second mom for my kids? Wow, who can say that?! We get along so well that Maya must be my favorite child.

Amari is a mommy's boy. He is always by my side, my little buddy, and my best friend. This little boy is one of the happiest kids i've ever known, always laughing and smiling. I love his personality and how he is a glass-fall-full kind of boy. Amari and I are two peas in a pod, so he is definitely my favorite child.

Kenyan is without a doubt the funniest kid i've ever met. He is always making jokes and other people laugh (like me- all the time!).  He is humorous beyond his years and he's never afraid to turn a dull situation into a funny one by saying jokes, doing funny dances, or just doing something funny. He knows this is one way to make Mommy happy because I love me some funny! This boy makes me laugh my pants off, so he is my favorite child.

Gianna is one of the sweetest people known to man. She is always smiling and her eyes can bright up someone's day. My girl is so friendly and has never met a stranger. And she'll do anything to make someone happy if they're having a rough time. Gianna is truly an easy child so she must be my favorite.

Ira is a little spunk, a firecracker, a wild girl! She has so much energy and is never tired, is so brave and adventurous, and loves to explore and try new things. This little girl makes every day fun and never dull. Ira is such a fun child so she must be my favorite.

Elaina is so very loving and generous. She loves sharing with her brothers and sisters and if she sees a child playing alone she will walk up to them and start playing with them. I don't think she considers herself one-years-old either, because she runs around with her bigger siblings like she's 7, but also gets on the floor and plays with baby Arlet. She is always happy so she must be my favorite.

Arlet is a mommy's girl. She is always by my side and can only go more than a few minutes without seeing me. As long as she is by my side everything with her is great. Her face lights up when she sees me and so does mine. I love her so much that she must be my favorite.

And lastly, baby number 8 (due any day now!): I already know I love her forever. She is filling a gap that has been in my heart for a long time. Baby Girl makes me so happy, so excited, and so full of joy... and I haven't even met her yet. Not everyone gets to say they are pregnant with their eighth child; wow, baby number 8 is for sure my favorite child.

As you can see, how can I have just ONE favorite child when I have these seven truly extraordinary children to call mine? Each one of them is truly extraordinary and so very unique. My eight babies fill my heart with absolute joy, bliss, and happiness. I cannot imagine my life without any of them, not one. They all bring something remarkable and incredible to my life, and I am so lucky, blessed, and honored to call Maya, Kenyan, Amari, Gianna, Ira, Elaina, Arlet, and Baby #8 my children.

Wow.

God is good.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Good luck with the new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Because I just had a baby, I have not blogged in a week or so, but I am looking forward to getting back to blogging :)

      Delete