Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Musings (#1)

1. The other night, my husband and I were getting ready to go out on a Valentine's Day date. This was our first date in a while and, since it was Valentine's Day, I decided to dress a bit fancy- you know, a dress, makeup, earrings- and when I went to say goodbye to the kids, my 7-year-old said to me, "Wow, Mommy! You're looking very foxy!"

2. Kenyan wishes he had a younger brother SO bad. In fact, he was so sure that baby #8 was going to be a boy. I believe he just loves the idea of having a little brother- teaching sports to him, being a role model, etc. Plus, there are so many girls in the house so who can blame a 6-year-old for wanting a little more testosterone in the house? Anyways, last night I overheard Kenyan playing with Ira and he said, "Ira you'd be the perfect brother! If I could choose anyone to be my brother, i'd choose you. You love playing in the dirt and your good at burping!" Okay, maybe I was wrong? Is all Kenyan looking for someone to play in the dirt and burp with?

3. This morning Gianna asked if she could have chocolate pudding for breakfast. After I said so because it wasn't healthy or nutritional for a morning meal, she said, "But Mom! Chocolate every day keeps the doctor away!" I just about burst out of my chair from laughing so hard.

4. Ira has a very close relationship to Wren and she is definitely a daddy's girl. This morning I was brushing her hair for church and she said to me, "Mommy, when I grow up i'm going to marry Daddy." I didn't take her that seriously and responded with, "But then who will I be married to?" She looked at me and said in a very persuasive and serious tone, "No one. You can just be a grandma." I then said, "Aw, but I want to be married to Daddy forever." And she looked at me, annoyed and dead serious that she was going to marry her father, and said, "Fine, we can trade. I'll give you my teddybear if you give me Daddy." Wow, looks like I have a businesswoman in the making!

5. Maya has been helping me cook dinner every night. She loves it and can't get enough of the attention she gets from everyone telling her "thank you" and "oh, Maya, this is very delicious." A couple of nights ago, Wren's boss came over for dinner with his wife and kids. Maya and I cooked a fancy dinner, one that she was particularly proud of. Before we began eating, Maya said, "Instead of saying our prayers, can we just have a moment of silence for this delicious meal I made?" Everyone was silent and burst out laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment